The Itascatur Ski, Bike, and Run Club is formed to promote physically healthy,
non-motorized outdoor recreational activity in the Hubbard County area.
The Headwaters 100 ride will be held Saturday, September 27, 2014.
- 100 mile ride: (Click for route) Follow well-marked routes through our beautiful lakes area leading you to Itasca State Park. A short hike will lead you to the Headwaters of the mighty Mississippi. The ride will follow Wilderness Drive through the park, then will proceed through Lake George, Emmaville, Dorset and Nevis; then will follow the beautiful Heartland trail Back to the finish at the Century School in Park Rapids.
- 75 mile ride: (Click for route) This route will lead you through Itasca State Park, continue on Wilderness Drive through the park, then follow the course back to the Century School by way of Lake George, Emmaville, and Dorset. The ride will finish on the Heartland trail.
- 45 mile ride: (Click for route) An ideal ride for bikers desiring a shorter route. A beautiful ride through Emmaville, Nevis and Back to the finish at the Century School. We encourage leisurely tourers to start early.
Refreshments are included in registration. Food and Beverage stops will be located along the course. Facilities will be located at start, food stops, and finish line.
- Register on or before 09/01/2014 : $30.00
- Register 09/02/2014 through 09/21/2014 : $35.00
- Children 17 and under : $12.00
- Register after 09/21/2014 : $40.00
Rules of the Road
Itascatur asks that you follow the rules of the road when cycling. Minnesota law gives bicyclists the same rights and privileges as drivers of other vehicles. Cyclists must be familiar with and obey all traffic laws applying to using the road.
Highlights of the law:
- Ride as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when passing, preparing for a left turn or avoiding objects, other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Travel in the same direction as other traffic on the roadway.
- When riding on a sidewalk or in a crosswalk, yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and call out to them when preparing to pass.
- Ride no more than two abreast and do not impede traffic.
For the full text of Minnesota Bicycle Traffic laws, please visit Revisor.mn.gov - 2011 Bicycle Statutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
We've compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions here: Headwaters 100 FAQ.
2014 registration through ZapEvent.com
Itascatur is thinking green: We will no longer send brochures with registration forms through the mail; instead you can find register online at ZapEvent.com.
ZapEvent is an established online registration tool that you may already be familiar with; if not we encourage you to check it out! If you prefer to send your registration through the mail, you can still do so.
Click here find out how to pay by check.
Confirm your registration:
Click here to download the mail-in registration form. When mailing in your payment, please pay close attention to the cut-off dates. Payment must be postmarked by the cut-off date for that price to apply.
Headwaters 100 bike ride in Park Rapids, MN
Click here to view the slideshow created to showcase the Headwaters 100 for the 2013 Governor's Fishing Opener Community Picnic! The slideshow features music from one of our food-stop entertainers, dancing Light. We're very excited to share everything we love about the Headwaters 100 with you!
Itascatur's favorite rides!
Check out Itascatur's favorite rides- a list of our favorite getaways around our neck of the woods- and lakes! Itascatur has mapped some of their most-traveled routes at Map My Ride and we would like to share them with you. Map My Ride gives details of the ride as well- difficulty, elevation, distance, etc. You can also download an app to your iPhone, Blackberry or Android phone so you can take advantage of Map My Ride on the go. Click here to see Itascatur's favorite rides!